1.07.2003

WARNING! this is a long one...i'm filling u in on about 5 days here... :D

(010603.????)

my thoughts on the weekend and today ((monday))...first i'll bore you with work, then i'll get to the weekend. so really there's no order. maybe. eh. :)

::workworkwork::
-being by the kitchen sucks. food either smells real damn good or real frickin bad.
-going to a bar after work for drinks and nachos is good...even if you're a lil tipsy on the train-ride afterwards, tryin to read a book to amuse yourself while your sister gently sleeps.

::theweekend::
Friday: At work, i just decided to read when i wasn't doing anything. if they gave me a job to do, fine. but if i wasn't doing anything, better to be caught reading than to be caught playing on the computer. they look down on that. hahaha. after work, we went to Mother Hubbards downtown (restaurant/bar, i dunno wutever) and i had 2 bud lights and shared nachos with about 6 other co-workers (including the sister). that was fun :). i work with some funny people...too bad i barely see any of them cuz i'm cooped up in the front by myself. so yeah, i was a lil happy on the train goin home...and thankfully, my parents weren't home when we got back in case i smelled of beer. :D
anyways, i didn't know that they weren't home. i didn't bother checking. i thought my mom was in her room and my dad was in the basement. then my friend from hs calls and asks if i wanna go out with him and his friends to a bar in wrigleyville. i go to ask my parents (cuz sometimes i have to), but HEY! they're not home! so i accept. woohoo! more drinking to do :). and it was good seeing my friend...lucky bastard has been goin to school in hawaii...but now he's
back in chicago to complete his degree, which kinda sucks for him. soorie dudie. =/ no more palm trees for you ;). my parents came home about an hour after he called, and i just told them i was gonna go out...and my mom never seems concerned that i hang out with him, even if it's just me and him. maybe she likes him cuz he always gave me a ride home the last like 2 years of highschool :).
so he picks me up at 9. he rings the doorbell, and when i look through the window in the door, i ferget that we have grapes there left from New Years (the whole prosperity for the year thing), so i can't see him. and when i open the door...whoa! he shaved his head! now, it's nothing new for him cuz he's done it before, but i didn't see him during that time...so it was a shock to me. there's about a cm of hair, so it's just enough...it looks good! so we met up with his friends at Hi-Tops for some beer and the ohio vs. miami game (good game!), then we moved to John Barleycorn for just one more round...it was fun even tho i didn't really know those other guys. they're pretty funny. :) so yeah, i had a good time that night :D. oh, and i came home (buzzing just a lil after 3 beers and a guiness) to find my sister, claudine, sleeping on the couch with a glass of some sort of clear liquid on the table next to her as well as a garbage can. so i she was on the couch drunk. she wakes up and i asked her if she was, but she said that she just got sick from God knows what food they ate before the wolves game (minor league hockey). she didn't even have anything to drink! hahaha. poor sister. i slept at around 3:30ish let's say. i expected to sleep in, but that didn't happen.

Saturday: i unhappily and through no choice of my own woke up at 10am. later at around 12 we had dimsum with the in-laws (oOoOo) minus justin (awwww) which was kinda fun. the weirdest thing they had - chicken feet. did i eat it? HELLZ NO! my dad accidentally got it, just hearing the 'chicken' part of it. hahaha. so him and mr. estacio ate the chicken feet...ewwwwwww. after lunch the estacios joined us at our house for what christine calls 'the council of elrond,' which was the lil meeting the families had concerning christine and dave's wedding plans. wow. that was long. christine and dave we're pretty strong and were able to resist the power of the parents. no ring here, just parents. hahahaha...they can be tricky in getting what they want. later that night, i went to club 720 for my friend's b-day. there were some high points and low points...but my friends did get pretty drunk, and they did play some old school house which i LOVE to dance to. i just think that we were there for too long tho...from like 11-3, then after that we went to chinatown for some eats (yumyumyum). OH!!! and in china town was when i saw my first chicago rat! but it wasn't a big black one, it was a smaller one, but a rat none the less. :) man...so we were walkin back to the car, and a block in front of us, i see this lil animal walking straight to us. i thought to myself, 'wait, what the heck is a squirrel running around at night for?' then i realized that the 'squirrel' didn't have bushy tail, and it was walkin kinda funny. since it was a block away, i had to squint...then i realized it was a rat! i was so excited! my first encounter with a wild rat! hahaha...see cuz i took a psych lab class where we had to keep the lab rats domesticated by handling them (holding them, playing with them a lil...). but i was kinda sad cuz i didn't get a closer look...my friends told me to run to it and catch it, and i started to, but it ended up turning right to it's right and crossing the street. =( hahaha. good times. ;)

Sunday: Take down the tree day...but claudine had to bounce early to make it back to med-school. all she did was take off the red beads. good for her. just kidding sister!!! ;) anyways, me and christine had a lotta fun...man, it was a trip trying to get the boxes and stuff back into the attic...i dunno...when me and claudine did it, it all seemed so much easier...but since it was so difficult for me and christine, we laughed so hard we cried...her sides still hurt today...hahaha...oh and there was this whole drooling incident that happened...but u can read that on her site (click the yano sisterfriend on the left). all you really need to know is that it wasn't me :D. it was uneventful day, but that's cool cuz it was otherwise an eventful weekend. besides, i had to wake up for work today (even tho i slept at like 3 to make a cd for myself).

oh, and i'm still workin on kingdom hearts. not that i can't beat it, i'm just takin my time, doin all the extra stuff, plus if i play to long my parents get mad =/.


010703.2032

well, i was supposed to post that yesterday, but i kinda passed out for the night right after work (around 6:30).

all i know was that i had a headache. christine left for cali at around 3 during work (for business), so i took the el my myself. it was pretty crowded...and i didn't take my hat off. so maybe i got too hot or something. by the time i got home, i had a headache :(. so i just changed, told my parents i had a headache and went to my sisters room to nap. i remember them trying to wake me up for dinner...but i wasn't hungry...and then i remember them telling me to just sleep there and set the alarm clock...and then i remember it being 4:30 in the morning. so then i set the alarm clock. hahaha. too bad it didn't go off this morning...tho the tv did which was freaky. then my dad woke me up at 6:30...and he had coffee and a lil breakfast ready for me! :) pandesal (a soft bread roll), mayo and ham...mmm...then i got a ride to work from my aunt...woohoo! got to work at 8am (the earliest yet). fun fun fun. hey, i guess that can mean more money for me... eh.

::work::
-one thing...i REALLY hate it when someone heats up some real good smelling food at the office...i think i'm dying...it smells so good! :(
-one ALMOST exciting thing happened today...at the beginning of the day, i'm supposed to take kindof a rollcall..."staff availability"...which is an email sayin who is out of the office. i start workin on it around 8:30, and i'm supposed to send it out around 9:45...but one employee was MIA...and he usually comes in early or calls as soon as he knows he'll be out. WELL, almost everyone was worried about him, and i heard a couple jokes about a bookie...hahaha...anyways, i had to send out an email with him as out under personal business, tho we didn't know where he was (at around 9:45). at about 10:30, we find out he's out on a business call at some location. geez. that was maybe the most excitement i've had at work. how sad.
-and during one of numerous down-times i have at work, i decided to compute an estimate of my wages while here (about 10 days). i get paid by the hour, no paid lunch, and the gov't hopefully won't take more than 30% of my paycheck. i work an average of 7.5 hours a day. if the gov't didn't take any percentage of my money, i'd get paid a nice sweet amount. however, our country doesn't work that way, so they could be takin about 200 away from me. bastards. wut can ya do.

well that's my day...and the end of my blog for now. oh, and christine is in cali where the weather is beautiful. and she has gracefully decided to call her family and say that she is alive, tho i had to read it first on her webpage. thanks sisterfriend. moohahaha. it's ok, i love my sisters ;).