1.08.2003

::work::
-having a routine can be comforting, but mostly it sucks. here's mine: wake up at around 6, get out of bed at around 6:30, do bathroom stuff, make some instant coffee, turn on the tv, drink and eat, get to work (either by public or private transportation), walk in, put my stuff down, put my coat away, turn on my computer, get a glass of water, take the phone off of night service, put up microsoft outlook, put up windows media player (i don't wanna dl winamp), play my music, maybe open up solitaire and wait for the calls to come in. then i eat lunch at around 12/1, be gone for about 45min-1hr, then start working and waiting, and reading. at 5 i put the night service back on and go home. now during my day, sometimes they have me do other things, like stocking up the kitchen or some filing, sometimes a lil typing or reserving the conference rooms. but other than that, the day is filled with playing solitaire or reading my book (today, Mists of Avalon). woohoo.
-man, i always count down the hours. in the morning, i count down till lunch (cuz counting down to the end of the day would just be depressing) and then after lunch, i count down to the end of the day.
-lunch was good! even tho i was away for 1.5 hrs....it's ok. they can fire me. then someone there can fill in the beloved receptionist position while the usual one is away in europe till the 15th. HA. besides, i was with my cousin Melanie and one of her friends. i think they both used to babysit or watch me when i was lil. but it was good times...she still looks the same too...go asians! Melanie's friend was the very first thai person i've known, without really acknowledging the fact that she was thai. hey i was lil, cut me some slack.
-busy work can be a blessing or a curse. i'm not sure wut this next lil job they gave is...

::after::
YEAH! i get a ride home! then me and Melanie went shopping on my almost neverending quest for a winter jacket. we went to lincolnwoood, then to the old navy on dempster...and guess wut? I FINALLY HAVE A WINTER JACKET THAT FITS!!! woohoo! no more borrowing for me! ;) and with that, i bought a fleece scarf (1.79) and fleece gloves (2.99). go to the old navy on dempster! man if i had more money...:( all good. soon enough. :)

ahhhhh. i don't know if i'm gonna like the monotony i see before in the real world. too tired to do almost anything...wanting to just sleep the day away...hating wut your doing. maybe if i love wut i do, i won't be as drained. eh. it's just a temp job anyways, right? yeah. but man, i really need to live it up this semester...that and get bomb-ass grades again. :) i almost feel as if this is like the last four months of being young and stupid...and i have to dedicate the rest of my life to being a responsible adult. sick. :P
eh.

one last thing...i miss hanging out with my highschool friends...life was just a whole lot easier back then. i know the levels between hs and college are way different, but i know that i grew up with other kids kinda too for 4 yrs. i mean, i wasn't on any sports teams, but i was in band. YES THE BAND. it was frickin awesome. we would travel places...hang out a lil, get to know each other. sad thing is, i only talk to one of them now, who is prolly one of my closest friends, even tho i barely see him. i think one of the main reasons i still hang out with him is because whenever we talk on the phone, it's like no time has passed between us. and i like that. cuz i really SUCK at keeping touch with people. maybe it runs in the family. hehehehe.

to end...this is one of the songs on my cds i play during work...it's Incubus - i miss you, the acoustic version. remember kiddies, acoustic is best! it just sounds a whole lot cleaner and heartfelt. :D

To see you when I wake up
is a gift I didn't think could be real.
To know that you feel the same as I do
is a three-fold, utopian dream.
You do something to me that I can't explain.
So would I be out of line if I said,
I miss you
I see your picture, I smell your skin on the empty pillow next to mine.
You have only been gone ten days, but already I'm wasting away.
I know I'll see you again
whether far or soon.
But I need you to know that I care
and I miss you.