1.10.2003

Yeah, so yesterday was just boring, well work at least. i wore my new jacket! yeah that's how exciting the day was. at least that was one of the last times fer a while that i won't see one of my managers. he's on vacation starting today :D. but there was something of a good thing yesterday...
so i got home by way of the el and bus, and i come home, eat dinner, turn on my sister's computer, and chat a lil. I called christine at around 8 or something and asked her when she was comin home, yadah yadah yadah...so i started gettin ready to make a cd after dling some music...but i decided to take a nap at around 10. great. but not so much. i wake up at around 11 to my dad calling me to answer the phone...and when i do, it's one of my sister's friends in cali talkin to me. GEEEEEEEEZ. but it was a fun and flattering conversation, i must admit...even tho he thinks i hate his 'career' if you can call it that. hahahaha. geez...ppl actually take me seriously ;). but it was nice to get a call, since i don't get to many...but it's ok, i know i'm a hermit :D. and here's a good song for you...Mathew Sweet - Sick of Myself.

you don't know how you move me
deconstruct me
and consume me
i'm all used up
i'm out of luck
i am starstruck
by something in your eyes
that is keeping my hope alive
i'm sick of myself when i look at you
something is beautiful and true
in a world that's ugly and a lie
it's hard to even want to try
and i'm beginning to think
baby you don't know
i'll take or leave
the room to breathe
the choice to leave you
i'll throw away
a chance at greatness
just to make this
dream come into play
i don't know if i'll find a way
'cause i'm sick of myself when i look at you
something is beautiful and true
in a world that's ugly and a lie
it's hard to even want to try
and i'm beginning to think
baby you don't know
there's something in your eyes
that is keeping my hope alive
but i'm sick of myself when i look at you
something is beautiful and true
in a world that's ugly and a lie
it's hard to even want to try
and i'm beginning to think
baby you don't know


::work::
now today...argh. i swear. even yesterday a lil...ARGHHHHHHH!

ya know, a girl is just tryin to do her job, and people have to be such assholes. patience is a virtue, and not many of the people that call her have that virtue. fackin bitches. i was instructed to say "Good (morning/afternoon/evening), Fatima speaking, how can i help you?" and after they state their intention, i ask their name and company name if they haven't yet. and if anyone wants to Dave (the prez), i have to ask what their call is in regards to. so YESTERDAY, i'm doin mah thang, either on the computer or filing crap, and this ASSHOLE calls in like he's an almighty god that MUST speak to Dave. i ask his name and company, and he hastily tells it to me, barely cutting me off. and THEN, when i ask what the call is in regards to,. BITCH, if you were that important, you'd have his fuckin number, or at LEAST his fuckin extension. MAYN! i was really upset after that. i wanted to yell at dk and tell him to give his personal clients some manners, or at least give them some secret fuckin codeword to say so that i know just to transfer them. bitches i tell ya. ugh.

oh and TODAY...argh...this GUY calls in: "Good morning, DK-" "Yeah I'd like to Paul." "Ok, can i have-" "Yeah my name is ... " "Alright...can i have your comp-" "Can i just talk to Paul, he knows me." WELL AIN'T THAT NICE. HE FUCKIN KNOWS YOU. do these people think i care? i should just fuckin hang up on them. mistakes happen ;).

-tip of the day: a late lunch can make your day seem shorter. which i didn't do today cuz i was fallin asleep and i needed to walk around to wake me up.

well, my nite ain't over yet...i just might have a lil bit more fun ;). but i don't wanna be out too late...work tires me out. dang.