1.14.2003

alrighty...this is gonna be a long post. i have to cover a couple days here again, and i wrote monday's post on 2 different days...but i'll tell you about my tuesday later...

011303.1445
ok. i had an interesting day yesterday. i went to bed at 12 to wake up early so i can shower before church. i wake up at 8am, to find that my sister's fiance, dave, is sleeping on the couch. alrighty then! must've been a good nite for them. also, i find that i'm the first one up...that's like a first ;). so i shower, and me and my dad end up making pancakes, sausage, bacon and eggs for everyone. wow! and i made the bacon and eggs...yummmmmmmm...so we go to church at 11, and there's a guest choir! as christine says, our church is like 95% white, and the choir added more diversity to the church. they were awesome...me and my sister thought that the old people were gonna pass out from all the excitement...hahaha... :)

so after church me and christine looked at some more dresses (bridal, bridesmaids and flower girls) and picked a couple out to put up for voting (which she'll do later). we also tested out how her camera takes fast motion pictures, by me throwing myself on her bed and her taking the picture. that was FUN, but a lil tiring for me. during the whole time we were at the computer, she was chatting...but then she asked me if i wanted to watch lilo and stitch, which i said yes too. but she wanted to first put something on her homepage or wutever, which she said would take 15 minutes. so i was like, ok, i'll play kingdom hearts and build up my level points until we watch. ok...i ended up falling asleep by the tv with ewok our dog next to me. we didn't watch lilo and stitch, but we did end up going out to hooters for some wings with my cuzin melanie and my kuyas (big brothers...who i actually have no relation to) that came back from cali after like 2 years.

then we went home and i played more kingdom hearts...yeah! i like it :). but again, i fell asleep playin...dude i dunno if i can hang anymore...anyways, christine wakes me up, says 'here,' and gives me her phone. of course, i can guess who it is...it's her friend rusty from cali. and he actually felt kinda bad that he woke me up from my nap, even though it WAS already 11pm. so we talked a lil, and i told him that i accept his offer to go to with him to my sister's wedding, though he thinks that my sister pressured me to go with him, which wasn't the case...i need a change, and well, he's a nice change of pace. it's good to get to know new people, especially when you've been limiting yourself to your own circle of friends. it's not that i don't like my friends, it's just that sometimes a person needs something different in their life. so ANYWAYS, he told me he'd call me back cuz he had to drop off some friends. and he actually did call me back. and we talked for about an hour, too. it was nice :). we did the whole if you ask me a question, you have to answer it too, and you have to be honest. but i must admit, i feel kinda bad for him cuz i got the upper hand. my sister already told me stuff about him, and i doubt that she told him anything about me. he didn't even know wut i looked like! hehehe...all good! i sent him a pic. after that, like 12:30, christine makes me talk to her cuz she couldn't eaves drop cuz she was talkin to someone else at the time, though she did catch a couple phrases.

so overall, it was a good day and a good night! now on to boring monday...

::work::
ugh
-tip of the day: no matter how COLD it is outside, don't wear a sweater to work. the lights surrounding my desk in the ceiling keep me warm enough. and when i'm warm and toasty, i get sleepy.
-i'm starting to hate the smell of popcorn with extra butter.
-i may be bored at work, but i hate busy work even more. gimme something fun to do, like making fake names and info to put into the database for you to play with. hahaha.

well, that's all on work. after this, i just have one more day, so nothing will matter tomorrow...YEAHYEAH! you may think, 'well fatima, at least you earned money. you should be happy you worked over break.' ya know, well sure i am. but i already know what this money is going towards. a bridesmaid dress, money to help pitch in for a hotel room, and hopefully a nice present for my sister. anything left over will pay for books and tuition. hahaha. but i love my sisters, so i do wut i can. oh, and i think i'm buyin a pair of jeans, too. HAHAHA. aight i'm out. ttyl

**wut u read above was wut i wrote during work on monday...but here's something i wrote today about yesterday.**

so before we left work, christine made an appointment at a local bridal shop at 7pm. we got there kinda late, but they were really nice there. the lady took us to one of the dressing rooms...big with 3 mirrors in place of three of the walls. the first dress she tried on was alright. but when christine tried it on, i admit, i got a lil misty eyed when i got the full view of the body and then the train...man. so she started tryin on a couple more dresses, and i got into choosing wut looked good and wut didn't (box pleats and a lil bit of embroidery trim, but not too much). and then she tried on like her 4th or 5th dress...WOW. we both thought the same thing. it has double spaghetti straps that criss-cross in back of a corset-like top, which laces in the back. the top also has beautiful beading, not too much, not too little, and pretty sparkley. and there is also light beading on the skirt and also on the train, which is gorgeously long. but not overwhelmingly long...we knew that this will be the best one for christine in the shop. the other dresses the lady brought out before and after THE dress didn't really compare.

so anyways, when me and christine told the lady that this dress was bumped to #1, she told christine to go to the front of the shop where they have one of those 3 panelled mirrors that other stores usually have in the dressing room area, though these were like huge mirrors. so christine got up on the lil stage thing they have in front of the mirror, and the lady came back to give christine a tiara and a veil...man. that practically did if for me when the lady put it on christine. i felt the sting of tears well up in my eyes. but i knew i couldn't cry...cuz then christine would cry, and that wouldn't be good, now would it. :) dude, she looked liked a beautiful bride...and that's when i realized, shit, she really is gonna get married. this is really happening...it's not just some lil event we like to joke about...she's really gonna get married. :). man, if i thought she looked so gorgeous right then and there, when she only put up her hair in a clip and did her make-up plainly, can you imagine wut she'll look like in 7 months and 10 days? crap. i think i'll need to invest in some waterproof make-up...